Re: VRT Gala

Gary Handman (
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:30:36 -0700 (PDT)

..have you seen Fellini's Satyricon, Brigid?

(just joking...we don't give out peacock feathers at the GALA).

It's v. informal; v. lively; v fun. Dress is As You Like It (altho FACETS
leans heavily toward funkadelic vibes...)

Although we've invited the Queen, I'm afraid she's given us the Royal Dis...

At 01:09 PM 06/08/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Oh wise ones of the ALA VRT:
>Having never before attended a VRT Gala, I wish to discreetly ask of one
>and all - just how gala is this Gala? Where does it fit in the range
>between meeting at the water cooler and meeting the Queen? Preparations
>for this event would be greatly assisted if you could select, in your
>opinion, the proper attire for this soiree and either e-mail directly back
>to me or to the list:
>a) regular office clothes
>b) good office clothes (for days when the director, the president and/or
>CNN visit)
>c) cocktail party dress (suitable for extras on daytime soap operas)
>d) evening wear (suitable for the party scene from "Notorious")
>e) dancing cigarette package, or any other 50s tv commercial costume
>f) none of the above (c'mon, we have stick the name badges on something!)
>With much gratitude for your invaluable assistance, and if I've bought the
>last ticket from Chris Lewis at the American University Library tough luck
>for you,
>Brigid Duffy
>Audio Visual/ITV Center
>San Francisco State University