Re: Transition from 16mm to ? in a public library

Debbie Veldhuis (dveldhui@lib.ci.phoenix.az.us)
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:08:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Phoenix Public Library (Arizona) sold off their 16mm collection years ago
by wa of their friends of the Library Book Sale. This was done when the
circ dropped from almost 100 films per day to less then 50 per week in the
mid 80's. VHS seemed to be the media of choice even though our
customers; schools and nursing homes, could only project the video on
TV's.
So far we do not have DVD's but are giving consideration to it. We never
had beta video or laser discs.

The library as a system does not show video movies at all. We do a lot of
puppet shows and story-telling.

Debbie VeldHuis
Library Assistant
dveldhui@lib.ci.phoenix.az.us