Re: Transition from 16mm to ? in a public library

Maurine Canarsky (maurine.canarsky@fnsb.lib.ak.us)
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BFD06F.1DA45740

Jessica,
I'm sorry. My message may not have been clear.
We're not trying to replace the collection as in duplicate it by some =
physical means; we don't have the $ or the equipment to do that. We're =
talking about starting over from scratch--buying new equipment and a new =
collection.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Maurine
-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica <jesskino@redconnect.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: Transition from 16mm to ? in a public library
=20
Well I checked with our guy in the back since this is not my area. =
He says that since you have to have a digabeta master to do the "crush" =
for DVD , you can't really "skip" video. You don't actually have to make =
any video copies from the digabeta master but it would be available for =
any old fashioned folks who wanted video. I will leave the rights & =
marketing issues to someone else