Re: List of Film Rental Sources

Dan Donnelly (d-donn@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

Kristine,

Are you looking for sources for educational films as well as theatrical release titles? I'm interested in any response to your query because two years ago the University of Minnesota's edcuational film rental service, University Film & Video, closed, and since then the library has been inundated with teacher requests for titles once available from UFV. It's been difficult to find sources for many of the 16mm titles folks here have been trying to get. I've looked at Iowa State's Instructional Technology Center but they have a lot of restrictions on who's eligible to rent from them so they don't often work out for teachers here.

Dan D.

At 08:42 AM 5/25/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there a comprehensive list of film rental sources anywhere on the web?
>I need to check the rental availability of hundred of titles and it would
>help if I had a big list. I know about the Swank web site catalog, but I'm
>sure there are others. Come to think of it a big database that
>searches all of the film rental holdings would be the best -- but I'm sure
>*that* doesn't exist! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Kristine R. Brancolini, Media/Film Studies/Digital Library Program
>Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
>Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu

Dan Donnelly, Library Manager
Learning Resources Center
University of Minnesota Libraries