Re: Alfred Hitchcock Collection I and II

Diane Sybeldon (ac7255@wayne.edu)
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:23:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your comments.
One last thing - about the distinction between the Alfred Hitchcock Collection
and the Alfred Hitchcock Collection I and II.
"I" and "II" are the 10-features-for-$30 7 disc sets
from Laserlight that you all agreed were of terrible quality.
The Alfred Hitchcock Collection (sans I or II)
is $60 or so for a 3 disc set - includes Vertigo, Psycho and
4 episodes from Alfred Hitchcock Presents. It's released by Universal Studios.
Amazon includes rave reviews from 4 satisfied customers for this set.
But interestingly, where the other two collections are concerned, Amazon
only includes Leonard Maltin's reviews of the original flicks.