RE: Alfred Hitchcock Collection I and II

Judy Jones (judyjones@csus.edu)
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:02:52 -0700 (PDT)

We bought a large number of titles, including Jamaica Inn, from Facets. I
don't know about marketing them as I and II, but most of the early ones are
British. Far as I can tell no copyright as broken in purchasing these
titles.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica [mailto:jesskino@redconnect.net]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 11:13 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock Collection I and II

I would be very leery of "volume 1) It is all bootlegs of films which are
fully copyrighted under
GATT. I actually noticed one of the titles we licence ( Jamaica Inn) listed
so I just passed this on to the right's holder. I am not actually suggesting
you should worry about the copyright as that is a right's holders problem
but from experience much of this stuff is JUNK. I know nothing about this
particular disc or company ( laserlight) but DON"T assume that because it is
on DVD it is good quality
There is a company called Mandacy that puts out titles so wretched that are
actually WORSE than the bad videos. As always buyer beware when dealing with
these companies

Jessica Rosner
Kino