Re: phono records

sdehut@linfield.edu
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:21:28 -0700 (PDT)

Actually - this is untrue. There are many performances on LP which are not
currently available on CD, and some may never be... Case in point: the
Recorded Anthology of American Music - approx. a 100 LP set. Only about
50% of the recordings have been made into CD's - the rest contain materials
that the distributors have not been able to get permission to make into
CD's.

I am waiting patiently for many pieces of music and spoken word to come out
on CD so that I can replace old LP's... Every year there are a few more
that were not available the year before. Maybe by the time I retire the
transition will be complete.... :)

Sue DeHut

Susan Davis-DeHut
Director, Educ. Media Services