RE: phono records

Charles Timberlake (ctimberl@sjvls.lib.ca.us)
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:42:58 -0700 (PDT)

Ms. Karsten is right! I still am looking to replace a lot of old LPs in
my own collection (30 shelf feet and growing), but where is the CD reissue
of the '50s recording of the Miklos Rozsa "Duo" for 'cello and piano, for
example. Oh, and whatever happened to the stereo tapes of the Broadway
cast album of Noel Coward's "Sail Away"? The MONO CD reissue sounds good,
of course, but it is not stereo. Also, what does it cost to replace
infrequently-used LPs with equally infrequently-used CD copies (purchase,
process, catalog etc. costs), when you already have paid those costs for
the LPs? As to sound of vinyl vs. CD, I prefer reel-to-reel tapes.
Anybody still have those? Circulate them?