Re: phono records

Charles Timberlake (ctimberl@sjvls.lib.ca.us)
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:45:51 -0700 (PDT)

I am in charge of audiovisuals for a county library system. At our main
library and a few branches we still have phono records, though no
equipment for public use. We have a clientele for vinyl! Especially for
rock and jazz with some classical borrowers, too. Traditional pop,
ethnic, original casts, soundtracks, and spoken word don't circulate, and
we've pretty much weeded them out. As we receive donations of vinyl we
add the ones in good condition to the collection, but we don't catalog
them. Patrons browse them and borrow them.

Anyone else out there still maintaining a vinyl collection?