Re: VRT dinner at the Berghoff

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David, I'm the current chair of the VRT group so I'll attempt to answer
your question on the listserv so that others lurkers who might want to
attend, and who are not VRT members, may have an answer as well. Yes, you
are welcome. Remember, it is Dutch treat. Since we do meet at a
restaurant and have not arranged for banquet facilities, the size of the
group is the key to making this all work. Historically, we've had between
10 to 25 people. The Berghoff is comfortable in accommodating up to 30-35
people in the main room without charging banquet rates and having a banquet
meal - that means we all choose off the regular menu. Hopefully, this kind
of function will entice you to become a member of VRT - we have a lot of
fun but do a lot of good work and have some of the more meaningful content
programs in the ALA conference. Hope to see you there. Jim Scholtz

P.S. - We've never had to turn anyone away or charge admission to this
event/social function.