RE: Great Course on Tape

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

We have bought a few because of patron request. They are big and bulky & do
not check out much.
My humble opinion: not a necessary purchase. Reminds me of the "Where there
is a will, there is an A" type video. They sit on the shelf too.........
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Sally S. Wellman [SMTP:swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 11:35 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Great Course on Tape

Has anyone bought any of the "Great Courses on Tape" from the Teaching
Company? We've had several patrons ask abou them as well as the deputy
state librarian. I would like to get some opinions about them before I ask
for money to buy them. We've spent all of our money for the fiscal year
and would need to ask for funds from the book budget. I don't want to do
that if the tapes aren't worth it.

Thanks.
Sally S. Wellman
Asst. Coordinator, Special Services