Re: Media Review Digest

Wed, 31 May 2000 11:31:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hullo.

We've had the web version for about 3 or four months...have dropped our
print subscription. Kris Brancolini is correct about the web version:
it's clunky and fairly unfriendly (also, Pierian better get better server
power if they intend to increase their user base....it's currently pretty
slowwwwww).

The database itself is, I think, fairly useful, particularly given the
dearth of reliable indexing for non-theatrical titles. I think I'm the
only person on this campus who uses it at all.

We've begun to put links in our web catalog and in the media centers web
listings for individual titles indexed by MRD.

At 09:01 AM 05/31/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>What is the consensus about the value of
>Media Review Digest as a reviewing tool?
>And also the value of its online version which
>includes links from reviews to library
>catalog records?
>Is the online version worth investing in?
>
>***********************************
>Diane Sybeldon
>Instruction/Media Librarian
>David Adamany Undergraduate Library