Re: Digitizing video library?

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Wed, 31 May 2000 08:19:18 -0700 (PDT)

We're involved with a pilot project with the National Film Board of Canada
which is going rather well but it's their intellectual content. We're
streaming lectures but have not contemplated seeking licenses for other
materials yet.

Oksana

At 08:03 AM 5/31/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Our university is building a new infrastructure that will give us the
>ability to stream video to the desktop and to classroom monitors. This
>new delivery system may also give the user the ability to control the
>video playback from his/her viewing location.
>
>Has anyone been investigated the legal possibility of or been able to
>acquire rights to digitize existing materials that currenty reside on
>video? The ideal solution would be to make a large number of our videos
>available on a video server to be accessed on an as needed basis.
>
>Any ideas, comments or suggestions?
>
>~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
>Cheryl Joyce
>Coordinator of TLS
>Tucker Center for Telecommunications
>419-372-7020 (phone)
>419-372-7048 (fax)
>joyce@wbgu.bgsu.edu

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8