Re: List of Film Rental Sources

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Thu, 25 May 2000 11:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

Kris
IF you are looking for Hollywood STUDIO titles it is pretty easy
SWANK has rights for MGM, PARAMOUNT, UNIVERSAL, Columbia, Miramax, MOST UA
titles after 1955
Warner Bros, Goldwyn, October/USA. Artisian and variety of small recent
stuff.
Criterion has Fox, New Line/Fine Line and the Selznick Library ( part of
ABC)
Kit Parker has RKO in 16mm ONLY ( Swank has other formats ) & Janus

Foreign films and various independent films are much more complicated and
there are exceptions to the above list in some cases.
Keep in mind that Swank OWNS the rights to these films but often HAS NO
ACTUAL prints which is also true of Criterion

Sorry There is no simple one stop source for rights, let alone prints

Jessica
Kino