Re: : Japanese videos

Philip Alan Hallman (phallman@umich.edu)
Wed, 24 May 2000 09:40:35 -0700 (PDT)

Roberta,

Earlier this year I rented a 16mm print of Sanji Goto from EM GEE Film
Library. Their address is:

6924 Canby Ave
Suite 103
Reseda, CA 91335
818/981-5506

The rental price was, I believe, $10.00.

Also, we've rented on 16mm Shibukawa Bangora from Japan. Here is the
website:

www.infoasia.co.jp/subdir/matsuda/f_pages/fe.html

But keep in mind that this is expensive. Although you might want to check
their site out anyway.

A faculty member here at the Univ of Michigan has personal copies of
some of the titles you are looking for but he bought them while in Japan.

There are some websites that you can use to buy videos from Japan but they
will not have subtitles, so I don't know how useful that will be. I do
have them if you think you may want to go that route?

Philip Hallman
Univ of Michigan