Re: interfiling of videos with books

Victoria Caplan (lbcaplan@ust.hk)
Sun, 21 May 2000 18:07:03 -0700 (PDT)

Our videos are in a separate area than the book stacks. I guess we do it
because we think that separating formats makes sense. We also separate the
books from the periodicals, and the fiche from the film. Within the videos
we also separate the VHS from the LD's and from the VCD's.

I think that video is a distinctive enough format to warrant separate
shelving. We also have a much shorter loan period for videos than we do
for books.

Victoria Caplan
HKUST Library, Media Resources