RE: 16mm souce

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:08:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Becky, I presume that you're talking about the Videolist serv archives.
I don't mean to be speaking out of turn for Gary Handman, but you can
access them by go to www.lib.berkeley.edu/VideoLib/ and clicking on
Archives and then doing a term search.

You might also want to look in several books concerning PP rights. My
first book "Maintain Video Collections in Libraries" ABC-CLIO has an entire
section on PP rights, negotiating contracts and requesting permissions. My
second book - "Video Policies and Procedures for Libraries is newer and
actually contains a sample contract and request letter (1992 - ABC-Clio).
The bibliography at the end of the PP/copyright chapter also list some
other great books on the subjects of copyright and PP. Not trying to toot
my own horn; it's just that this topic has been covered before (perhaps) in
an organized fashion (rather than just discussed as a listserv topic) - no
new news about copyright in this regard since 1989. Hope this information
helps. Jim Scholtz.