Re: PBS Video Database

Gail B. Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:21:05 -0700 (PDT)

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BFBFF2.4FF4D720

We did not subscribe to the database when it was first offered because =
we had already purchased most of the titles offered. Because we purchase =
programs for classroom use at faculty request, I feel reasonably assured =
that the programs offered will meet the needs you describe. Had we not =
already purchased most of these programs, I probably would have =
considered subscribing.
Good luck,
Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
phone 615-898-2740
fax 615-898-2530
email gfedak@mtsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Donnelly <d-donn@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 5:06 PM
Subject: PBS Video Database

>Hello:
>
>I'm considering subscription to the PBS Video Database of America's =
History and Culture. At first look I thought it to be primarily a tool =
for K-12 teaching but the more I look at the Web site the more I begin =
to think it may be very useful to undergraduate programs at the =
University of Minnesota. It seems to be unique and so extensive that it =
might be of interest to the College of Education, here, to use as =
exemplary demonstration of the integration traditional video classroom =
resources with Web technology. There are a variety of other curricula at =
Minnesota that might find it useful to search a database for course =
germane image sequences from PBS programming. Do any of you on this list =
subscribe to the database? If so I'd be interested to learn your opinion =
about it as a library resource and teaching tool.=20

>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Dan D.
>
>Dan Donnelly, Library Manager
>Learning Resources Center
>153 Norris Hall
>172 Pleasant St. S.E.
>Minneapolis, MN 55455
>Tel: 612/624-6536
>mail to: d-donn@tc.umn.edu

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BFBFF2.4FF4D720

We did not subscribe to the database = when it was=20 first offered because we had already purchased most of the titles = offered.=20 Because we purchase programs for classroom use at faculty request, I = feel=20 reasonably assured that the programs offered will meet the needs you = describe.=20 Had we not already purchased most of these programs, I probably would = have=20 considered subscribing.