Re: Hollywood offshoot

Kari Noren (kari@frif.com)
Wed, 17 May 2000 07:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Kris: I do not usually reply to the list at large but here is a film
from First Run/Icarus Films that I would recommend regarding videos on film
pre 1948. It is not specifically Hollywood oriented but might be useful as
a sidebar:

Forgotten Silver by Peter Jackson and starring Sam Neill (The Piano). An
insidiously funny yet utterly believeable "mockumentary" which uncovers the
life of Colin McKenzie, film pioneer in the early 1900's New Zealand.
Features film critic Leonard Maltin and Miramax chairman Harvey Weinstein.
53mins, color, 1995, $95.00

Best!

Kari Noren

At 02:27 PM 5/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>A prof in the Film Studies program here is revising the two-semester
>Hollywood course. The first semester cover the years up to 1948. The
>course focuses on movies, but also includes Hollywood as a
>cultural/historical entity. The prof is working on a web site to
>accompany the course and I've been looking for resources. So here's what
>I need from you: recommendations. Please send me your favorite
>documentaries about Hollywood and the film industry pre-1948, favorite web
>sites, image collections, etc. I've found some good stuff so far, but I
>can use more. Thanks for your help... I'll compile your recommendations,
>add what I've found, and post it all to the list. -- Kris
>
>Kristine R. Brancolini, Media/Film Studies/Digital Library Program
>Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
>Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu

Kari Noren
Sales Director
First Run/Icarus Films