Re: PAL to NTSC Conversions

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 15 May 2000 12:01:01 -0700 (PDT)

You know Jessica, I've tried that one and the response I got was "great,
I'd love for more people to have access to my writing". For many academics
in Film Studies, book sales don't amount but to a very very small
percentage of their total income. For them the prestige is not in the money
but in the exposure...

Oksana

At 11:53 AM 5/15/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I doubt this would do any good but you could try telling the profs that all
>their articles and books are being translated in German and French and they
>will not be getting any payment on the sales
>
>Jessica
>----------
>>From: sdehut@linfield.edu
>>To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
>>Subject: Re: PAL to NTSC Conversions
>>Date: Mon, May 15, 2000, 6:41 PM
>>

>>I wish the concept of copyright protection for foreign productions was as
>>clearly understood as copyright for programs produced here --- I just
>>can't get faculty and students to understand that I can't dub to NTSC for
>>their convenience! I have had three requests in the last two weeks
>>alone..... :(
>>

>>Susan Davis-DeHut
>>Director, Educ. Media Services
>>Linfield College
>>900 SE Baker Street
>>McMinnville, OR 97128

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8