Re: PAL to NTSC Conversions

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Mon, 15 May 2000 10:21:38 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry to sound like a broken record but YOU CAN"T tranfer formats without
the copyright holder's permission. Just because an item does not come in the
most convenient format does not give you the right to transfer it. Many
foreign films are released in PAL format before they reach the US. Kino for
instance is about to release TIME REGAINED by Raul Ruiz ( in theaters, video
will not come out till 2001). I expect it is already available in PAL in the
UK and would no doubt be a very hot item in the academic world but we would
be pretty upset if someone imported a PAL and transfered it. Professors and
students will just have to live with the inconvenience of PAL.

Regards

jessica rosner
kino