Re: Prom Promise videos?

Pierre J. Gregoire (pgregoire@dupage.k12.il.us)
Sun, 14 May 2000 13:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

Anne,
A couple frequently used by our schools:

"DRINKING AND DRIVING: A DEADLY DECISION "
VIDEO, JH, 16 Mins., Color, AIMS, 1996
True stories from three different perspectives inform teenagers about
the unfortunate results of drinking and driving. The first
story features a Young man, convicted of felony drunk driving and
manslaughter, who spent fourteen months in jail. In the
second episode, a young woman vents her anger towards the teenager who
killed her husband. Finally, a police officer Illustrates
the risks involved in driving while intoxicated and the subsequent court
proceedings.

"CRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN' "
VIDEO, High School, 56 Mins., Color, IDOT, 1997
DISTRIBUTED BY THE DUPAGE COUNTY DUI TASK FORCE AS FUNDED BY THE
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF
TRANSPORTATION TRAFFIC SAFETY DIVISION. UNLIKE MOST OTHER PRESENTATIONS
THAT FOCUS ON ONE MAIN
ASPECT OF DRINKING & DRIVING, VIDEO DEALS WITH THE OVERALL PHYSICAL,
EMOTIONAL, AND LEGAL
REPERCUSSIONS OF A DUI RELATED CRASH. THROUGH PERSONAL ACCOUNTS, CREATOR
AND PRODUCER, TOM E.
GARRITY, A 1996 GRADUATE OF NAPERVILLE CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, HAS BROUGHT
TOGETHER THE REAL LIFE
PAIN, SUFFERING, DESPAIR, SHAME, GUILT, AND LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCED BY EVERYONE AFFECTED BY
AN ALCOHOL RELATED CRASH.

Please excuse the CAPS, these were copied from our online catalog, some
entries of which were entered in this case.

Pierre Gregoire, MLIS.
Director
Audio Visual Institute of DuPage
Regional Media Library for the
Students and Teachers of DuPage County, IL
http://www.avid.dupage.k12.il.us