Re: Amazon vs. Other vendors

Charles Timberlake (ctimberl@sjvls.lib.ca.us)
Sat, 6 May 2000 12:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

One thought re your query occurs to me, though you may have already
figured this one out. Most vendors and even local chain stores don't
pursue diligently off-beat or small label CDs. I find myself sometimes
having to order a CD through a local, INDEPENDENT record shop to get it.
An independent shop often will pursue an item from various distributors or
the original producer where amazon.com and the chains don't. My bad
amazon.com experience was a CD that had reached 2 months of being on order
from them with no shipment in sight, and my local, indie shop had it for
me in 2 days.

Charles