Re: Amazon vs. Other vendors

Charles Timberlake (
Sat, 6 May 2000 12:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

One thought re your query occurs to me, though you may have already
figured this one out. Most vendors and even local chain stores don't
pursue diligently off-beat or small label CDs. I find myself sometimes
having to order a CD through a local, INDEPENDENT record shop to get it.
An independent shop often will pursue an item from various distributors or
the original producer where and the chains don't. My bad experience was a CD that had reached 2 months of being on order
from them with no shipment in sight, and my local, indie shop had it for
me in 2 days.