Re: Common sense guidelines for handling videos

Fri, 5 May 2000 11:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

There's a lot of information about this topic on the web. Take a look at
the COoL site -- Conservation Online <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/>.
There's an entire section on videotape, under electronic media. But the
following URL is for a list of Do's and Don't by Jim Wheeler, an expert in
the care and restoration of videotape:

<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byauth/wheeler/wheeler3.html>

This list covers the essentials for uers. -- Kris

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Jim Mumm wrote:

> I am writing some guidelines for our patrons on how to handle videos,
> and I am wondering if there are any websites that give "common sense"
> guidelines for how patrons should handle videos. (Stuff like, Don't put
> the video on a magnetic surface).
>
> If not websites, I would certainly be interested in hearing how others
> advise their patrons.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Jim Mumm
> Acquisitions / Serials Librarian
> Marquette University Law Library
> jim.mumm@marquette.edu
> 414-288-5351
> 414-288-5914 FAX

Kristine R. Brancolini, Media/Film Studies/Digital Library Program
Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu