Re: Amazon vs. Other vendors

Thu, 4 May 2000 08:24:25 -0700 (PDT)

deg:

We've been using amazon.com, reel.com, and bigstar.com with some regularity
over the course of the past year. My very unscientific sense is that
Amazon.com is good when they're good...which is not all the time. There's
a tendency for the site to suggest a 3-4 day shipping time followed by an
email message several days later indicating delayed shipping. We've had a
fair number of duplicate or mis-ships from amazon (and other onliners).

Don't think we're gonna quit B&T, FACETS, and other trad suppliers just yet.

At 06:41 PM 05/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Our acquisitions unit has recently conducted a review of its cumbersome
>ordering processes, especially as they pertain to media.
>
>One proposed revision is greater use of Amazon.com as the primary vendor
>(primarily feature film) videos.
>
>I would appreciate hearing others' comments on vendor selection.
>
>Thank you.
>
>deg farrelly, Media Librarian
>Arizona State University West
>Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100