RE: VHS Rewinder and Cleaner

Patti McVay Gorrell (PMCVAY@acs.wooster.edu)
Tue, 2 May 2000 08:12:43 -0700 (PDT)

We recently formed a consortium and each library was responsible for buying
a tape check/cleaner. Our purpose is to assure the customer that the tape
is in good condition when we send it out and to assure our staff that it
was returned in the same condition. If there is any damage upon return,
the requesting library and/or customer is responsible for the replacement
costs.

>How many videos do you circulate that you would need a machine that costs
>$2,500. I would get the rewinder. You can get a lot of replacement videos
>or even new ones for the price difference between the 2 products.
>
>Buddy Pennington
>Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
>Rockhurst University Greenlease Library
>buddy.pennington@rockhurst.edu
>#816-501-4143

Patricia McVay Gorrell
Manager of Film, Video, and Public Services

The College of Wooster Libraries
Gault Library, Audiovisual Services
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, Ohio 44691-2364