RE: VHS Rewinder and Cleaner

Pennington, Buddy (buddy.pennington@Rockhurst.edu)
Tue, 2 May 2000 06:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

How many videos do you circulate that you would need a machine that costs
$2,500. I would get the rewinder. You can get a lot of replacement videos
or even new ones for the price difference between the 2 products.

Buddy Pennington
Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
Rockhurst University Greenlease Library
buddy.pennington@rockhurst.edu
#816-501-4143

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Venturella [mailto:VenturellaK@Mail.Montclair.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 4:18 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: VHS Rewinder and Cleaner

We are planning on order a VHS Cassette Rewinder & Cleaner for the
Multimedia Dept. of the Library. We are considering a product from the
Demco catalog that costs only 79.95 or a TapeChek XCL for $2,495. The
latter is described as a high-speed professional VHS
cleaner/conditioner/rewinder.

Can anyone tell us what the difference is in the 2 products and if the
TapeChek is worth the higher cost? Thanks in advance.

Karen M. Venturella
Multimedia Resources
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ 07043