Re: Closed captioning and copyright

Chip Taylor (chipt@chiptaylor.com)
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 06:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

------=_NextPart_000_016F_01BFAF62.31693EE0

Gail,

I strongly suggest you contact
www.cfv.org=20

or email Bill or Diane Stark @ info@crv.org=20

they have the info you need - you may tell them I recommended you =
contact them - and they are EXCELLENT
people to deal with.

Chip
www.chiptaylor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Gail B. Fedak <gfedak@mtsu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 12:36 PM
Subject: Closed captioning and copyright

Our office for disabled student services is interested in adding =
closed captioning to our titles that do not already have it. Someone in =
that office cited www.CCmaker.com as a potential source for getting this =
service done. I have four questions 1) has anyone used this company to =
add closed captioning to their programs; 2) if so, is this company =
reputable, does it do good work, etc.; 3) is there an exemption from =
getting written permission or paying a license for duplicating a =
copyrighted program for this purpose (I know of none); and 4) are there =
better or more economical companies that do this or other methods of =
adaptive techniques that are equally effective? Any comments will be =
welcome.
=20
Thanks in advance,
Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
phone 615-898-2740
fax 615-898-2530
email gfedak@mtsu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_016F_01BFAF62.31693EE0

Gail,

I strongly suggest you=20 contact
www.cfv.org

or email Bill or Diane = Stark=20 @   info@crv.org

they have the info you need = - you may=20 tell them I recommended you contact them - and they are = EXCELLENT
people to deal = with.

Chip
www.chiptaylor.com

-----Original = Message-----