Re: Are these available on video and if so, from whom?

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:51:41 -0700 (PDT)

For information on these films, take a look at the Internet Movie Database
(imdb.com). I searched under the names of the directors, as these English
translations seem to be just that -- literal translations, rather than
titles for English-language releases.

These titles have not been released in the U.S. or the U.K. on video, at
least through mainstream home video distributors. And Jessica would know
if one of the speciality distributors picked up any of them. She says
they haven't been released and I don't see any evidence to the contrary.

-- Kris

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Maurine Canarsky wrote:

> Hello Videolibbers:
> A patron has asked if we can get the following titles:
>
> In the name of the Father and the Son (1999? dir. Bozidar Bota Nikolic)
> Noz (The Dagger) (1999, dir. Miroslav Lekic)
> Wanderlust (1998, dir. Zelimir Zilnik)
> Pretty Woman Walking Through the City (1985, dir. Zelimir Zilnik)
> The Way Steel Was Tempered (1988, dir. Zelimir Zilnik)
> June Turmoil (don't know date, dir. Zelimir Zilnik)
> January River (1996? 1997? 1998? don't know director)
>
> I found some of these reviewed in Central European Film Review, but no
> buying sources at all. Some may be too new?
>
> Any information at all would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Maurine Canarsky, Media Librarian
> Noel Wien Public Library
> 1215 Cowles St.
> Fairbanks, AK 99701
> 907-459-1020
> 907-459-1024 FAX

Kristine R. Brancolini, Media/Film Studies/Digital Library Program
Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu