Re: fixing broken cases...

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:33:37 -0700 (PDT)

Transferring tape from a broken case to a new one can be done, but there
are many small parts inside a vhs cassette, so it should be done with
care. We are fortunate to have a technician who can do this - and even
splice tape if necessary. I'm not an attorney, but transferring a tape to
a new housing isn't making a new copy. It's no more a copyright violation
than repairing a book cover would be.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University