Re: Updated Kids in Poverty vid?

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:27:06 -0700 (PDT)

Margaret: This one is used a lot here, but it's not much more recent --
1992:

Title: Poverty, welfare and America's families <videorecording> :
a hard look ; produced by Cecily Coleman Prior ; directed by Dan Hattal.
Published/Produced: Washington, D.C. : National Commission on Children,
<1992>
Contents: The economic squeeze on families with children
-- Welfare and beyond -- Alternatives to welfare: children's tax
credits -- Alternatives to welfare: ensuring child support.

Let me know if you want to know where we bought it.

We have more recent titles, but they don't present an overview; they go
in-depth into one aspect -- like poor Latino children (_The Culture of
Poverty_). -- Kris

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, M. Dew wrote:

> I call once again on the great collective brain.
>
> I've got a socio. prof who loves everything about "Children of
> Poverty," save that it's outdated (orig. 1987).
>
> Can anyone suggest a more timely treatment of children as victims of
> poverty in the U.S.?
>
> masalaam,
> -margaret
> M.A.Dew
> Southern Methodist University
> Center for Media & IT
> 103C Fondren Library West
> Dallas, TX 75275
>
> "Never send a human to do a machine's job."
> -Agent Smith in The Matrix

Kristine R. Brancolini, Media/Film Studies/Digital Library Program
Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu