Re: Asian tv

Victoria Caplan (lbcaplan@ust.hk)
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mary,

It looks like a garbled transliteration from Mandarin.
Could it be "Bianshi bu ti gushi"? (in pinyin)?

Can the faculty nmember be a little more specific. For example - what
country does it come? What is it about? There is a TV station here in Hong
Kong called Asia TV http://www.atv.com.hk/ - maybe you could have him take
a look there?

As for VCD. It is the most popular format in China and Hong Kong at
present. You can play them on CD-ROM's or special VCD players. Nowadays
you can also buy combination LD and VCD players, or combination DVD, VCD,
LD players (but they are expensive). Please be aware that most media that
you buy from China or Hong Kong unless specified at NTSC will be in PAL
format so you will need a system capable of playing PAL.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Victoria Caplan
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Library
Media Resources & Microforms