Re: WWII WOMEN PRISONERS

Kate Vaux (k.vaux@lib.unimelb.edu.au)
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:31:50 -0700 (PDT)

I think you might be after "Tenko". This was a ABC (Australian Broadcast
Commission) and BBC co-production. Neither the ABC or the BBC have it on
their present sales lists and it isn't held by our national video and film
lending service.

I found some details on the novel -
Tenko : a novel / by Anthony Masters ; based on the BBC-TV series created
by Lavinia Warner and scripted by Jill Hyem, Anne Valery, Paul Wheeler.
London : British Broadcasting Corporation, 1981.
ISBN 0563179880

Kate Vaux

At 10:52 13/04/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Not a series, but Song of Survival is about English women who survived 3
and 1/2 years in a Japanese prison camp in Sumatra during WWII.
>Judith Porter
>Supervisor, Media Services
>Portsmouth Schools, RI
>
>James Smith wrote:
>
>> Hello All:
>>
>> Anybody remember a dramtic series, maybe PBS, broadcast around the early
1980's where English women were taken prisoner by Japanese soldiers during
WWII?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> james

Kate Vaux
Media Information Librarian
email : <k.vaux@lib.unimelb.edu.au>

Media Collections and Services Telephone : +61 3 8344 8650
Level 4 or : +61 3 8344 8316
Education Resource Centre Library
The University of Melbourne Facsimile : +61 3 8347 0974
Parkville, Victoria 3010
Australia

http://www.lib.unimelb.edu.au/collections/erc/mediahp.html