Re: RTI TapeChek ( was Previewing question)

Gail B. Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01BFA53E.34C45260

One caveat here - the RTI scanner detects physical defects, not =
technical ones such as missing or warped audio segments, missing video =
segments, the wrong program on the tape, etc. On our new acquisitions, =
we have experienced more problems with technical defects than with =
physical ones. The physical problems occur when faculty take the tapes =
home or to class where they are played in machines that have had very =
little, if any, maintenance.
Good luck,
Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources