Re: Long Island Culture

Helene Hertzlinger (hth16w@yahoo.com)
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

Andrea -
I live on Long Island and because of a new state
ruling that decrees accessible library access to all
residents, many libraries are now allowing patrons
from other districts to borrow their videos. At
Hewlett (where I work), if you are a Nassau County
resident, you may borrow any video that is over a year
old. Also, Port Washington Library has an excellent
video collection. Unfortunately, they are closing for
a renovation beginning next Wednesday(!), and only
part of the collection will then be available at an
off-site space.
-- Helene Hertzlinger
A-V Librarian
Hewlett-Woodmere Public Library