RE: recommendation for mental illness video?

Pamela S. Reeves (PReeves@uwyo.edu)
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

Mike,

Direct Cinema has a video - ASYLUM - focuses on St. Elizabeths Hospital in
Washington D.C. founded in 1855, uses rare photographs and newsreels and
recent interviews with former patients. Also poses the question: Is there
once again a need for the asylum?

57 min Prod. 1988

Pamela Reeves
Preeves@uwyo.edu <mailto:Preeves@uwyo.edu>
University of Wyoming
Audio Visual Services
P.O. Box 3273
Laramie, WY 82071
(307)766-3184

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike McDermott [SMTP:michaelm@usm.maine.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 12:17 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: recommendation for mental illness video?

Greetings All...

I have a nursing faculty member who would like to find a video to
use in an undergraduate level class -- she wants something that
looks at the development of mental illness treatments over time.
She mentioned a 'timeline' approach to treatments and attitudes
toward people with mental illnesses. My library doesn't collect
videos, so our selection materials are limited to say the least.

Any suggestions of good, generally available places to look would
be greatly appreciated; suggestions of actual video titles would
make my day.

Thanks

Mike McDermott USM Library Reference
michaelm@usm.maine.edu P.O. Box 9301
(2O7) 78O-5660 Portland, ME O41O4-9301 USA