Re: Silent Film queries: Smiling Madame Beudet/Kino-Pravda

Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:57:05 -0700 (PDT)

I think we bought our copy from FACETS under the title:

Germaine Dulac's The smiling Madame Beudet and The sea shell and the
clergyman.

FACETS also has Kino-Pravda (together with Vertov's "Entuziazm" on the same
tape)

At 08:20 AM 04/07/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking for a copy of "The Smiling Madame Beudet" (1922) by Germaine
>Dulac with English subtitles. Our copy has French subtitles, and an
>instructor would prefer them in English. Does anyone know if an English
>subtitled version exists?
>
>Also, I need to find a copy of the "Kino-Pravda Shorts"(1922-1925), by
>Dziga Vertov with musical accompaniment if it is available. Our copy has
>no sound at all.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Kim
>
>Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
>Library, Columbia College Chicago
>624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
>(312)344-7355(voice) / (312)344-8062(fax)

UC Berkeley 94720-6000