Re: Children's Foreign Language Videos...especially Hindi

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:23:25 -0700 (PDT)

Meaghan,

Facets Video has a comprehensive catalog that contains a section of foreign
language videos for children. It also has a section on Indian cinema. We
also offer the "Facets Non-Violent, Non-Sexist Children's Video Guide" for
$14.95 (including shipping and handling). It contains more than 800 films
for children, complete with a recommended age level index as well as a
subject and title index. Many of the videos listed deal with cultural
diversity and have won numerous awards. The guide is over 200 pages in
length and contains a complete description for each title.

If you're interested in either one of these publications or if you have any
additional questions please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill
Director of Educational Services
Facets Multimedia
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
e-mail: brian@facets.org
phone: 800-331-6197
fax: 773-929-5437

At 07:39 AM 04/06/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>I was hoping that your collective great minds could help us in locating
>catalogs or ordering info for children's videos in foreign languages. We
>maintain juvenile foreign language collections that are widely used by our
>diverse population and have had requests specifically for kids videos in
>Hindi.
>
>Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Meaghan

>Meaghan M. Battle
>Children's Librarian
>Farmington Community Library
>32737 W. 12 Mile Road
>Farmington Hills, MI 48334-3302
>(248)553-0300, ext. 337
>battleme@metronet.lib.mi.us
>
> "I have to do something to make the world more
> beautiful"--Barbara Cooney
> or, if you prefer
> "Thank God for anyone under 12 years old."--Ursula Nordstrom

***WIN FREE VIDEOS BY ENTERING OUR MONTHLY WEB PAGE CONTESTS!
***THE COMPLETE FACETS CATALOG IS NOW ON-LINE! SEARCH THE ENTIRE FACETS
CATALOG ON OUR WEB SITE FOR TITLES, DIRECTORS, GENRES, AND MORE!
FACETS MULTI-MEDIA, INC. OPERATING HOURS:
1517 W. FULLERTON AVE. SALES..:9am-8pm MON-FRI
CHICAGO, IL 60614 10am-6pm SAT
SALES...1-800-331-6197 closed SUN
RENTALS.1-800-532-2387 RENTALS:10am-10pm MON-SAT
GENERAL.773-281-9075 12pm-10pm SUN
FAX.....773-929-5437

VISIT OUR WEBSITE! - http://www.facets.org

EMAIL: