Re: Douglas Mawson Videos

Karen E Walker (karen_ctc@juno.com)
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 05:58:17 -0800 (PST)

Dave,
"Snow, Sand and Savages: the Life and Work of Frank Hurley" is
distributed by Chip Taylor Communications. The 1999 documentary
biography of the pioneer cameraman, war photographer, explorer and
broadcaster features three pioneering expeditions: the summer of 1911
Mawson's Antarctic Expedition; the spectacular coverage of the Shackleton
expedition; and his return to Antarctica in 1929 with Mawson via
airplane.

For more information, check http://www.chiptaylro.com or call
800.876.2447.

Karen Walker,
Chip Taylor Communications

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:11:16 -0800 (PST) Dave Curtis
<Dcurtis@ci.escondido.ca.us> writes:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a video that I saw mentioned somewhere (and can't
> remember)
> about the Antarctic explorer Douglas Mawson.
>
> If you know of it or others, please enlighten me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Curtis
> Escondido Public Library
> Escondido, CA