Re: Beckett Videos

Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:55:42 -0800 (PST)

Here you go:

Samuel Beckett: silence to silence 90 min.
Samuel Beckett's life and creative genius are portrayed through
photographs, recitations of his works, and dramatizations of
personal events in his life.
Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 1986.

Samuel Beckett: As the Story Was Told
The life of Irish novelist, poet and playwright Samuel Beckett is profiled in
this two-part documentary from his Dublin childhood, to his days in Paris, to
old age. Excerpts from a performance of the semi-autobiographical Krapp's
Last Tape and previously unpublished letters tell the story, along with
remembrances of Beckett's lifelong friend and publisher, Jerome Lindon,
relatives and others who knew him. 1998. 105 min.
Films for the Humanities.

Waiting for Beckett: a Portrait of Samuel Beckett
A documentary which combines film clips of Beckett's works with excerpts
of Beckett's letters and a wealth of archival photographs and footage
tocreate a
compelling portrait of a man who is regarded as one of the greatest
writers of the 20th century. In English and occasional French with English
subtitles. Reading Beckett's work and letters, Chris O'Neill. 1993. 86 min.
Insight Media

Film. Director, Alan Schneider; screenplay, Samuel Beckett; featuring
Buster Keaton, Nell Harrison, James Karen. 21 min. FACETS

Peephole Art: Beckett for Television. Not I (performed by Margo Lee
Sherman, 1989, ca. 15 min.) -- Quad I & II: consists of the original color
& music version (6 min.) plus a second version filmed in b&w with shuffling
feet as the only sound (3 min.). (1988) -- What Where
(performed by Tom Luce, Morgan Upton, Richard Wagner, Dave Peichert, 1988,
ca. 5 min.).36 min. Insight Media

Krapp's Last Tape. Directed by Alan Schneider ; produced by Mark Wright
and H.B. Lutz ; art direction by William Ritman. New York: Pennebaker
Associates,

Rockaby. Director D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus. 60 min. New York :
Pennebaker Associates,

Silence to Silence Samuel Beckett's life and creative genius are portrayed
through photographs, recitations of his works, and dramatizations of
personal events in his life. Readings: Old Man -- Beginning to End --
Krapp's Last Tape -- Happy Days -- Waiting for Gotot -- Ill
Seen Ill Said. 90 min. Film for the Humanities

Tous Ceux Qui Tombent Director Michel Mitrani, Institut National de
l'Audiovisuel, c1994. In French [French translation by Robert Pinget]. 60
min. Film for the Humanities

Waiting for Godot A performance of the San Quentin Drama Workshop. 45 min.
Insight Media has this, I think.

Waiting for Godot Excerpts and discussion; featuring Zero Mostel,
Burgess Meredith, Kurt Kasznar, Alvin Epstein, Luke Halpin; narrator, Milo
O'Shea. 45 min.
Films for the Humanities.

At 08:42 AM 03/24/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all-
>
>Looking for some help locating Samuel Beckett works on video. Any
>leads/suggestions would be most appreciated!
>

>Katy Kirby
>Video Reference Assistant
>Avery Fisher Center, NYU Bobst Library
>(212) 998-2583