RE: Opaque Projectors

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:50:11 -0800 (PST)

Have you tried the Dick Blick Catalog?
Artists (and amateurs like me) still use them for projection!

http://www.dickblick.com

Carol Dunn
AV Librarian, NT Administrator and Webmaster
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
419-422-1712
http://www.findlay.lib.oh.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon.Herfurth@ci.austin.tx.us [SMTP:Sharon.Herfurth@ci.austin.tx.us]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 2:47 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Opaque Projectors

Opaque projectors - apparently they do still exist. One of our member
librarians wants to purchase one to use for storytimes. Her problem is that
the models she can find have a 10" square stage, which really isn't big
enough for many children's picture books. I'm hoping someone out there has
experience with opaque projectors or has an alternate projection method to
suggest.
My memories of them involve burned fingers and crispy paper edges.
Thanks,
Sharon
Sharon Herfurth
Central Texas Library System