Re: AV/Video Coll. Dev. policies

Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:27:07 -0800 (PST)

Jim: My media collection development policy is on the web:

<http://www.indiana.edu/~libreser/media/media-col-dev-policy.html>

The best source for a large group of academic library media CD policies is
the the SPEC Kit that Rick Provine and I compiled. It's not on the web.
Here's the citation:

Video and Multimedia Collections in ARL Libraries. SPEC Kit 199, December
1993. Washington, D.C.: Office of Management Studies, Association of
Research Libraries. Documents compiled and SPEC flyer by Kristine
Brancolini and Rick E. Provine.

There are about 25 policies there. I'm sure you can borrow it on ILL. --
Kris

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Jim Scholtz wrote:

> Hi all, I'm in the throes of selecting and analyzing information for my
> chapter on CD in Gary Handman's new book edition and am currently looking
> at websites of libraries for Video/media CD and selection policies. I'm
> finding some college/university policies but most of the AV/media is just
> incorporated into the main policy with one sentence/paragraph "audiovisual
> materials (i.e. video) is included..." rather than having a full-blown
> policy that takes into account various media-specific factors or mentions
> specific selection tools. I searched using all the major search engines as
> well as following leads that you folks have given to me in my earlier
> query. So, here's my question - do any of you have specific, full-blown
> media policies that you either direct me to (web) or provide to me (ASCII
> text, Word, or .pdf). How about public libraries, systems and schools? I
> haven't had any luck in finding any of those. Thanks for any help - needed
> badly. Jim Scholtz.

Kristine R. Brancolini, Media and Film Studies
Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu