Re: AV/Video Coll. Dev. policies

Jan Derks (jderks@ald.lib.co.us)
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:49:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Jim! Our Collection Development staff in our public library district has
just completed an update of the selection criteria we use for various AV. We
just began a "pilot" DVD collection in the past month so we have yet to write a
DVD selection policy. Our intent was to make the selection criteria positive
and as general and inclusive as we could. Our library managers haven't
reviewed these revisions yet so there may be a change or two here and there.
I'd be glad to fax a copy of the criteria for each format to you if you'll send
me your fax number. - Jan

--
Jan Derks
AV Collection Development Librarian