Re: locating closed-captioned videos

Ben Achtenberg (Ben@fanlight.com)
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:17:22 -0800 (PST)

You didn't mention what subjects or types of films you're looking for, but
if it includes documentaries...

Many distributors can give you pretty quick answers at least regarding
their own collections. On our WebSite <www.fanlight.com>, click to search
either by title or subject and at the top of the page you'll see a button
for closed-captioned titles. This gives you a quick listing of all CC'd
titles in our catalog.

You can also go to the new site <www.docuseek.com> which enables you to
search the combined collections of Fanlight Productions, First Run/Icarus
Films, Bullfrog Films (and others to be added in the future). Look for
captioning near the bottom of the extensive list of search criteria.

At 10:47 AM 3/21/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>Help! I have a patron that must have closed-captioned films. I have done
the subject search and found videos that meet his needs however I can not
confirm which are available closed-captioned. Does anyone know of source
that will give me this information? Thanks.

>Renee Zurn
>Duluth Public Library
>520 W. Superior St.
>Duluth MN 55802