Re: videos on ILL

sdehut@linfield.edu
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:05:41 -0800 (PST)

We circulate our videos (and all our media) through ILL -- most of them are
no more expensive or difficult to obtain than books, nowadays. We do mail
the items insured and ask the recipient library return them to us in the
same way. We also ask for full replacement cost if they are lost or
damaged while being used. We have had very few losses over the past few
years -- a couple items lost in the mail, a couple items lost or damaged by
patrons, and a few videos and audios accidentally erased by library staff
putting them through the de-sensitizer when they apparently aren't used to
working with magnetic media. ;)

The downside is having to keep on hand an assortment of small boxes for
shipping. The hardest to ship are the LP recordings, because of their size
and fragility it is hard to find a suitable box......

Sue DeHut
Linfield College

--On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 10:30 AM -0800 "Ridie W. Ghezzi"