Re: videos on ILL

Mary Laskowski (mkschnei@uiuc.edu)
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:54:55 -0800 (PST)

This is something I am struggling with as well. We have a collection of
over 10,000 titles which historically have not circulated through ILL. The
historical reasoning was that ours is an instructional collection, meaning
the tapes/discs are purchased to support classroom use, and therefore a
large portion of the collection needs to be on hand each semester and
readily available to our faculty. There have also been issues regarding
proper handling of tapes through ILL and the cost of damages or loss. I'll
be interested to see what other responses are posted...
Mary Laskowski
Coordinator of Media Services and Cataloging
Undergraduate Library