Re: falconry

Jan Derks (jderks@ald.lib.co.us)
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:39:12 -0800 (PST)

--------------3F837520ECA3B8487CA386CA

The Raptor Education Foundation in Colorado (www.usaref.org) may have
one or two. I called them this am; no one was there so I sent an
email. There may be other educational associations that may be able to
help. If you have Wild Bird stores in your area, that's also a
possibility. I called one of our local stores but they didn't have
anything. A longer shot is the US Air Force Academy which has the falcon
as a mascot and most likely teaches falconry to its handlers. It has a
gift shop and a USAFA catalog. I'll get back to you if the Raptor
Foundation responds to my email.

--
Jan Derks
AV Collection Development Librarian

--------------3F837520ECA3B8487CA386CA Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> The Raptor Education Foundation in Colorado (www.usaref.org) may have one or two.  I called them this am; no one was there so I sent an email.  There may be other educational associations that may be able to help.  If you have Wild Bird stores in your area, that's also a possibility.  I called one of our local stores but they didn't have anything. A longer shot is the US Air Force Academy which has the falcon as a mascot and most likely teaches falconry to its handlers.  It has a gift shop and a USAFA catalog.  I'll get back to you if the Raptor Foundation responds to my email.