Re: day the universe changed

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:26:05 -0800 (PST)

Philip & Lori,
Things obviously change a lot in 2 1/2 years in the video world, but I got our
copy of Double Helix (aka Race for the Double Helix w/ Jeff Goldblum) from
BBC Direct in 1997, and it was only $89.
Susan

Philip Hallman wrote:

> Films for the Humanities distributes the Race for the Double Helix,
> although it is now called "Double Helix." ($149.00, item number BVL7453)
>

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Lori Stevens wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I am trying to find a copy of a couple of James Burke titles "The Day the Universe Changed" (1985) it is the one that talks about the printing press and other technological advances; and "The machine that changed the world" the one dealing with computers.
> >
> > I am also wondering if a video version exists of the made-for-tv "Race for the Double Helix" (1987) with Jeff Goldblum playing James Watson.
> >
> > Once again many thanks!
> >

> > Lori Stevens
> > Media Librarian
> > Utah Valley State College Library
> > 800 W. University Parkway
> > Orem, Utah 84058
> > 1.801.764.7421
> > stevenlo@uvsc.edu

Susan Albrecht
Library Acquisitions/Media Center Asst.
Wabash College Lilly Library
Crawfordsville, IN
albrechs@wabash.edu
***"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
-- Geddy Lee***