Re: Discovery Channel

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:31:45 -0800 (PST)

Uh, sorry. Ain't no law that I know of that is being broken here... You
want to know what's fraudulent and unethical? Price gouging, market bias,
misleading marketing, and other captitalist hoohah. In regard to public
broadcasting concerns charging educational institutions higher prices than
home video markets: PBS was originally chartered to serve the broad
interests and needs of the American public, to serve American education...
These stations are still subsidized to some extent by public funding. It
seems to me that in soaking educational institutions (or treating them
differently), PBS goes beyond merely ignoring it's mandate, it steps into
murky ethical grounds...

At 09:13 AM 03/11/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Am I the only one who is stunned by the recent postings that describe in
>detail how to break the law!
>
> What is being encouraged goes well beyond ethics -- it's both immoral
>and fraudulent. If you don't like a distributor's policy don't buy
>their products.

UC Berkeley 94720-6000