Re: Newspapers in Film

Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:17:50 -0800 (PST)

haven't personally done this particular bit of research, RP, BUT I do find
that if you've got the AFI catalog online (EVERYONE should), you can search
on keywords such as TRIBUNE, DAILY NEWS, etc. and get a fair number of
listings.

Give me a ring if you want to know more...(maybe I can help)

gary handman

At 06:22 AM 03/07/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Here is one for you all:
>
>I have a patron looking for depiction of newspapers in film. Not just a
>list of films about the newspaper business, but he needs the titles of the
>papers as well.
>
>I know the usual ways of researching such things, but what I am wondering
>is...if anyone has already done this work...do you know of a list, website,
>book, etc. that might be about newspapers in film? Or a person
>particularly knowledgeable about the topic? Such as a librarian in a
>journalism library, etc?
>
>Many thanks....
>Rick E. Provine
>Director for Media||Robertson Media Center
>Clemons Library||P.O. Box 400710
>Charlottesville, VA 22904-4710
>VOICE 804.924.8814||FAX 804.924.7468
>provine@virginia.edu